A photography permit and fee is required for those who wish to use QBG for photography/videography. The permit applies to the following groups:
- Those who wish to use QBG as a backdrop/setting for posed photography/videography.
- All portrait photography/videography including, but not limited to, weddings, graduations, engagements, family gatherings, quinceañeras, bar/bat mitzvahs, and similar events.
- All images for any commercial use, even if the photographer/videographer is not a professional.
Media photography, commercial photography, video and film shoots must be arranged at least one week in advance of the shoot. For more information on policies and fees, contact Visitor Services at 718-886-3800 x. 201 or EWiggins@queensbotanical.org.
Photography/Videography Rules & Regulations (applies to both commercial/professional and non-commercial/amateur photographers/videographers):
- All commercial or portrait photography must have a permit (see above for details).
- Do not disturb any gardens, stand on rocks, displays, benches, or similar hardscapes. Do not walk or pose subjects in garden beds.
- Do not block paths or climb trees.
- The photo session must not interfere with other visitors’ enjoyment of QBG. The public is not excluded from garden areas for photography/videography, unless specified by the permit issued by QBG.
- Outdoor, tripod lighting is not permitted, though hand-held strobes may be used.
- QBG staff has the right to refuse entry to commercial photographers due to inclement weather or other unforeseen circumstances.