Using Your Urban Advantage Voucher
Redeem your UA Class Visit Voucher for one of the following Programs:
QBG workshops are 2 hours in length and include an outdoor tour with theme focus, classroom time for further exploration, and a hands-on activity for students to take home. Workshops accommodate 30 students with chaperones. Choose from one of the following workshops:
• The Edible Wild
• Energy: You Move Me
• Environmental Modeling (addl. fees apply)
• Plant Propagation (addl. fees apply)
• Pollinators in the Garden
• Trash to Treasure
• Urban Jungle
For detailed descriptions please go to http://queensbotanical.org/Education/SchoolPrograms/MiddleSchoolWorkshops
These guided walks through the Garden explore seasonal and thematic exhibits. Each tour includes a planting activity for students to take home or classroom. Tours are 1.5 hours in length including the tour and activity. Choose from the following tours:
• Guided Garden Tour
• Sustainability Tour
For detailed descriptions please go to http://queensbotanical.org/Education/tours
Self-Guided Tours (available April 1st through October 31st):
Independently, guide your students through our Garden. You will receive resources to prepare you for the visit upon booking; additional supporting materials and a Seed Planting Kit (for post-trip classroom activities) are included upon arrival.
How to Schedule Your Visit:
• Call our Education Coordinator at 718.886.3800 ext. 230 or email SchoolPrograms@queensbotanical.org to book your visit. Please make sure to have the following information: preferred dates, title of program, your name and contact information, your school’s number and contact info, number of classes and students, and your voucher numbers. Vouchers and any additional payments are due prior to your visit. Please check your invoice for the specific dates.
• Go to http://www.queensbotanical.org/visit/hours.admission and familiarize yourself with the Garden’s address, travel time from your school, hours of operation, map and exhibit locations, and Garden etiquette.
For More Information Regarding Your UA Voucher: Click to download or visit UA Website