Courses cover a variety of Science Practices and follow a “Science Immersion Model for Professional Learning.” Teachers engage in hands-on activities that align with current science standards, the NGSS, and Common Core Literacy and Math. QBG’s Professional Learning courses equip teachers with skills and lessons to enliven their classrooms and engage their students. Depending on topic, workshops run 1/2 day to over 5 days in length. Work with our professional development staff to customize a program best suited to the needs of your staff.
Customized Workshops Available for Groups of EducatorsOur educators provide custom programs for your educators’ needs. Sample topics include:
Half Day or Full Day Workshops
• Easy and Exciting Classroom Gardening
• Observations with Plants—How do Scientists Think?
• Exploring Botany and Ecology
• The Waste Stream
• Using the Garden to Teach Math and ELA (day or multiple sessions)
Multiple Session Workshops
• Ecology in the Urban Environment—from microbes to macrobes
• Sustainability in the Community
• Urban School Gardening
For more information or to schedule a training email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 718.886.3800 ext 371.